Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Global Warming Causes Cricket Hysteria

We had another frost Tuesday, April 7. I tried to cover the garden up the best I could. I think the tomatoes were hurt worse this time than last. The potatoes don't appear to be hurt any worse than they were a few weeks ago.

Last week, G-man told me he found a bird's nest in a hollowed post near a gate by the pond. Today, I took a picture of it. I thought it was neat. A little blue bird flew away when I approached on the 4-wheeler.

Today, G-man and I went down to check out the fruit trees we planted. A few days ago when we were there, G-man said a crazy cricket had crashed into the barbed wire fence. After looking, he discovered several crickets had "crashed" into it. I told him it was the work of a "butcher bird." When we were there today, we couldn't find one cricket, all we could find were these grubs. This one was still moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment