Thursday, April 2, 2009

Randy Boy


Randy is our good dog. Maddie takes lots of good pictures of him and our other friends on the farm. I thought I would put a few on here.


Here is our sole surviving chicken. We started out with 7  chickens a year and a half ago. 3 turned out to be roosters. I gave 2 of the roosters to a co-worker. We kept Buddy, the special needs rooster. One evening this winter two hawks caught him going into the pen just before dark. I got there a few minutes too late. Three of the other 4 chickens have died off one at a time over the last year. Our favorite chicken, a white one named Audrie, got sick and died a couple of days later. Another chicken, a grey one, disappeared one day (probably a hawk or owl) and we never found a trace. The last grey chicken got sick and died a few days later a few weeks ago. This last one is a good layer. She was the only red one, besides Buddy the Red Rooster.

Maddie got this shot of cows going for a swim. Summer will be here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment