Friday, January 8, 2010

Out Where The Bright Lights Are Glowing, You're Drawn Like A Moth To A Flame

It's cold outside today. It does not usually stay below freezing more than a few hours in our neck of the woods. But it has been and is going to be for a few days. I don't mind it a few days to get a good dose of winter. I have a great pair of insulated overalls and some insulated gloves. I don't have a good pair of insulated boots so my feet get cold. Since it is so rare, I can't really justify investing in them. My ears, neck and face got cold when I rode the 4-wheeler down to feed the cows and open them to some more hay. Tomorrow I will have to put out several new bales, so I can start the rotation over next week.

Sissy was bundled up good today when she and G-man went out to take care of the chickens. She was putting warm water in their waterer. We've been closing them in with the heat lamp at night and they are doing well. Still laying.


I like to study photos for clues. I made the following observations of this photo. The person taking the photo was standing in front of the barn, looking west (and a little north) towards the house, because you can see the well in the background. The grass and trees are in the dormant stage, so it is winter. The shadow indicates it was near mid-day. It looks like Paw-Paw may have been rounding up a horse because he has a rope in his hand. It might have been a little chilly since he was wearing overalls, but not too cold because he didn't have on a hat or gloves. The sky doesn't look too cold either. 


No comments:

Post a Comment