After a few days of rescheduling on their part, I finally got back in to see the eye doctor that did my surgery today. I went in at 2:30 and got to see him at 4:45. When he finally took a look, he told me everything was looking good. He didn't have a lot to say about the other questions I had on the "balance" issue I'm having between my eyes. It has continued to get better each week, so I figure I will just talk to my regular doctor in a few weeks if I have any questions. I don't have to go back to the doctor that did the surgery until May for a checkup.
I don't think I had ever heard of anyone having a detached retina until I had one. Since then, I've been surprised at the number of people who have had one:
- My cousin Jim had one back in November (hit in the eye with a drumstick)
- A guy in our Salina office had one back last year (softball hit him several years earlier)
- A guy in our Dallas office had one ten years ago (from a fight he got into)
- The owner of the Redwing Store (he wasn't sure how he got it, used my same doctor)
- Lady I met at a Bible study in Swan (several years ago, she wasn't sure how it happened)
- Guy that we work with at TxDOT in Childress (not sure how it happened, but he was out the same time I was)
- Guy that works with my Sunday School teacher (not sure how it happened, he had the treatment last week)
- My boss' father had one several years ago (not sure how it happened)
My favorite TV show to watch before going to school in the mornings when I was growing up was the Three Stooges. It came on at 6:30, and I would get up early to watch it and eat my oatmeal. My favorite stooge was Curly. I never was much for any of his replacements, Shemp, Joe, or Curly Joe. With all the eye pokes, hits to the head, I can't believe none of them ever had a detached retina, or worse. I guess I should no longer be using what I saw happen to the Three Stooges to gauge the limits of my physical capabilities. I have to say this approach has worked well up 'til now.


What the heck does the title mean? Y.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are better...I have 3 friends here in Katy that have had detached retinas...Hope you and yours are doing well...I may be coming to East Texas soon....Jane
ReplyDelete