Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Born On a Mountain Top in Tennessee

Tonight was Maddie's last volleyball game. It was a good season. This was the final game for the district championship. The won both matches. The final game was a 25-23 nail-biter. Maddie did very well. She's a little athlete. At the game the school's athletic director asked me if she was a soccer or basketball player. I didn't know how to answer. She loves soccer and plays on a club team, but I think she's leaning towards basketball for her school sport.


Yesterday Maddie and I were talking about some future generation reading the content of my blog. Maddie predicted that it wont be on the Internet as we know it, she's probably correct. We wonder what their names will be. We thought that it would be good to include here some of the family names (First and Middle) to consider: Minnie Mildred, Blanch Roberta, Canaro Vance, Carrie Beulah, Lee Anderson, Henry Wayne, Amanda Elizabeth, George Montgomery, John Franklin, Donald Paterson, and Lucy Marion. Some last names to throw in for good measure: Batchelor, Flanary, Irvine, Doolin, Sparks, South, Childress, Yearwood, Coffee, and finally Crockett (that's right as in Davy, Sissy's side). These were off the top of my head and I know I'm leaving some good one's off.


2 comments:

  1. John always says that everyone should have a mother in law named "Blanche Roberta"...great mom...not my favorite name..Thanks for the reminders..Don't forget, Uncle Clum, Aunt Addie, Jaquita, Dorothy, Euness...wow..Love you...Aunt Jane..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, on the Newman side America Jane. On Flanary side last name Trapp..... Mom, Judy

    ReplyDelete