Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diggy Liggy Lo

G-man's football season ended a week early. He separated his shoulder last Thursday making a tough run around the end on the third play of the game. He went on to score a few plays later and held the extra point. But one the second series the pain really set in. He left at halftime to go see his athletic trainer. They were playing across town against the rival Catholic school. They won the game 48-0. Friday we went to see the doctor who told him he has the "Sam Bradford" injury. He said Roger Staubach had the same injury at one time in his career. They don't think surgery is needed, but if it is they can do it any time, and it has a 6 week healing time. He will probably just have a bump. But he's done for this season and we are bummed out about it. But like the doctor said it could have been worse. He should be ok and ready for soccer in 4 to 6 weeks.


Today we all went to Dallas to watch Maddie play soccer. She did real well, however, her team lost 1-0. We got to eat at a good Cajun restaurant afterwards. 

I think I am finally getting writers block. I had two ideas for posts last night. I thought for sure I could remember one of them, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were. Sissy says I am going to have to start writing them down when I have them. 




2 comments:

  1. So sorry about Garrett..We will have to wait and see him next year..We will come earlier in the season...Hope he heals fast..Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason you can't remember--you will be another year older soon and it gets worse. Mom

    ReplyDelete