We had a good Thanksgiving. Grandma came to see us Tuesday and we had dinner with her (and my Mom) Wednesday evening. Sissy prepared a great meal with her mom's special dressing we all like (including the leftovers...sorry Maddie) . Maddie got her favorite cranberry salad and G-man his green bean casserole. Grandma made me a pecan pie and G-man and Sissy a pumpkin pie. Thursday we went to MP and had Thanksgiving with Mom's family at Aunt Jana's. It was all very good. There was so much food I didn't get to eat all the desserts I wanted to. Friday, Sissy and Maddie went to Dallas for soccer, and G-man and I went out to Maw-Maw's and had chicken stew with my Mom and Dad at the cabin. It was very tasty. My Aunt Susan and HC were there along with my sisters and their families. The stew was cooked over an open flame the way the Indians did.
This is a picture I found recently at Maw-Maw's. I believe it was Thanksgiving. I was around G-man's age. This might have been the first time I got to sit a the man-table. I'm seen here with my dad, his brother and my other two uncles, the husbands of dad's two sisters. Paw-Paw is in the foreground with his back to the camera. In the old days at Maw-Maw's they cooked over electric stoves and we gathered around tables like the Pilgrims did.

No comments:
Post a Comment