
Sissy doesn't believe me when I tell her growing up my parents didn't have a bunch of rules for me to follow. That was before time-out's. There was no counting to ten. The only rule was, when my parents told me to do something I was supposed to do it. When I was around six my parents were worried that I had a hearing problem. After going to the doctor and doing the hearing test, they determined I could hear fine, I just had a listening problem. I did have to have a hearing aide after that. It was not like those they have today that are advertised on TV. It was about 18" long, wooden and was used on my behind when I wasn't listening. I can hear a pin drop at 1000 feet these days... if I'm listening.

Mom spent my whole childhood warning me of the terrible things that happened to people especially in broad daylight. By the time I was in high school I didn't have a curfew. Probably because I was usually home before dark. Mom always told me to stay out at least until 10:30 when the City turned all the traffic signals to blinking red lights. I've already said on the blog, Mom got me my first date. Dad bought me a new Z-28. I was still a nerd. My good friend Hank was also a nerd. As we used to say, "It takes one to know one." This picture is the two of us at Homecoming. You have to be a nerd to get your picture made with your friend and his date. This was a date Hank got me. I don't know how he got a date (he probably asked her). He played baseball and I played football. We have the same first name, and to this day I will run into people who still get us confused. I guess because we were both nerds.
Nice shoes. And our son is not a nerd, that is why I am worried. Y.
ReplyDeleteWow...I don't ever remember you having such stylish shoes? And I'm trying to figure out why you didn't have any rules? They must have been ALL for me!!
ReplyDelete