When we got back we were all hungry so we had to stop at the Golden Arches. I asked them to pose for a picture for old times sake.
Today G-man interviewed my mom for the Health class he is taking this summer. She told him that when she was in college "they" would pass out free cigarettes in the cafeteria of the college. Today that seems absolutely crazy. But then it was marketing. I guess if you have a product like that, all you have to do is get people hooked and then the product sells itself. It reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago where "they" came onto college campuses (in lunch rooms) and passed out credit card applications (and of course you were approved if you were a college student). It was really no different than the marketing plan for cigarettes.

No comments:
Post a Comment