Last night the girls and I ate at the Grand Lux Cafe at the Galleria. It was very good. I ran into a former co-worker there. He is working in Kutar in the UAE but just happened to be in town visiting a sick relative.

After the tournament was over we went to Hurricane Harbor in Arlington. It was a good way to stay cool. The kids are thrill-seekers so they enjoyed it.
Seeing this picture of the wave pool, doesn't it make you want to be there? I have to admit when we were in Germany at Wanzee, I felt like we fit the demographic much better than we did today, even though we weren't used to the ice cold water.
Seeing that picture reminded me of one summer when Paw-Paw South and I went out on a call to a house north of Mt. Pleasant. They had a swimming pool in their back yard that was not in working order, but it had a few feet of water in the bottom of it. In that green stagnant water were hundreds of huge green frogs that were trapped there. It was a visual that comes back to me occasionally. Like today.
We stayed at the Hilton at Lincoln Center in Dallas. Maddie and I had a good breakfast this morning at the hotel.

After the tournament was over we went to Hurricane Harbor in Arlington. It was a good way to stay cool. The kids are thrill-seekers so they enjoyed it.
The lines were a little too long for me. The thermometer on the rearview mirror in my car showed 112 degrees F. It wasn't that bad in the shade.



I really love the picture you describe and that "pops up" in my head as soon as I read it- the frogs trapped in the pool compared to all the people I can see on the picture...It makes me smile and I realize how much I enjoyed you and your sense of humor during your visit in Berlin!!
ReplyDeleteHere the lakes are still nice and cool and the weather was nice sometime a bit too cool except one week with hot and humid weather!!Come back!!
Many greetings from Almut