Thursday, July 23, 2009

There are Better Ways to Spend Your Days Than Working Down a Hole

Maddie had a volleyball camp this week. This year will be her first chance to play organized sports with her school. Tryouts are the first week of school. I think she'll make the team. She looked like she knew what she was doing to me.


I thought I lost a cow this past weekend. She had a calf less than a week ago. I saw her with the baby Saturday morning, but noticed her baby crying for her mother on Saturday evening. I looked all over the place for her on and off all day Sunday. I was about to give up and thought she must have gone off and died somewhere, when I noticed her below the spillway down in a hole. I waited until around dark and she still hadn't walked downstream to get out. I had to get a ladder and get down there with a machete and cut a path out of there for her. She still wouldn't go downstream so I had to prod her all the way out. She was spooked and mad because she was separated from her baby, but luckily she was worn out and didn't try to fight me too much. Come to think of it by the time I got through cutting the path I didn't have much fight left in me either.

G-man has been up in Mt. Pleasant with my dad and mom. He came home tonight. He was very tired.

1 comment:

  1. Was the title refering to the cow in the hole or a vollyball term "dig"? Either way, you tied them together pretty good! Y.

    ReplyDelete