Football got started yesterday afternoon. G-man is practicing from 3 until 8:30 nightly. They originally said it would be over at 8, but its been running long. I told Sissy that the coach has been waiting 3 months for this and he is having a tough time ending it. Maddie has also had soccer practice both nights from 5 until around 7:30, so its been a few long nights. This isn't a good picture, but that's G kicking an extra point. He is wearing number 7.

Sissy had put a pot roast on this afternoon and it smelled too good when I came home from work, before I went to see the practice. I had to leave the practice early and come home to eat it. It was great with the potatoes, onions and carrots. I left them some for when G got home from practice.

Tonight at the practice Sissy and I were talking to Hami's dad. He said he still occasionally reads the blog. Sissy was giving me a hard time because she said nobody knows what the titles of my posts mean. I explained that is the "Trivial Pursuit" part of the blog I mention in the title of the blog. The post titles are usually lines from songs, lines from movies or TV shows, or both. Some time back I decided not to use the song titles because that would be too easy. My range of music varies from Irish pub songs, to Western Swing, soft rock, easy listening, heavy metal, pop and of course Country. I write the blog (and it goes all over the place) and then try to think of a song that ties the apparently unrelated themes together. I'm sure most of you that read the blog knew that, but I thought I should clarify in case you think I'm crazy. (Sissy was worried you would). Sometimes its the title of the song that you would have to guess for the line make any sense.
I know that "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road" by Jimmy C. Newman (7/26) and "That's what I like about the South" by Bob Wills (8/2) are probably not on your ipod, but they are on mine. I will not be giving anymore clues, but tonight's post title is from the first line in "All My Rowdy Friends are Coming Over Tonight" by Hank Williams, Jr. (But you probably knew that.) I chose that song because that's the theme song for Monday Night Football (Are you ready for some football?). The line from the song I chose could refer to me getting the pot roast out of the crock pot as well. I chose that line from the song over "I've got girls that can cook, I've got girls that can clean" for obvious reasons. That's all the clues I will give. Sissy's guesses are usually better than what I really meant anyway. So I prefer the real meaning to be obscure and left to the imagination.
O.K. This is about one of the only songs I knew the lyrics to. Scary. Y.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading todays blog, I was reminded of the Russell Crowe movie "A Beautiful Mind".
ReplyDeleteHami's Dad
I guess that's better than Sissy. She said she thought of Rain Man.
ReplyDeleteI just think you are clever as all get out...Loved seeing you..your kids are precious and I hope they both have good seasons this fall...Aunt Jane
ReplyDelete