I went there to help him tear down a wash house at his grandmother's house. Termites , rot and age had taken its toll on the old building and it was leaning into the TV antenna pole. (I think the pole was holding up the building.) Red and Black Wasps had taken up residence and were living in harmony. We were lucky we didn't get stung. I found a huge nest under the n0. 3 washtub on the right. I was very surprised we didn't find yellow jackets. The neighbor came by and said this has been a bad year for copperheads because of the drought in this area. But we didn't see any snakes either.
We ran a chain through a window and door and hooked it to my truck. We wanted to make sure it didn't get back onto the pole. We pulled in this directions so it would not fall towards the house. It was like felling a tree. We put the old door up next to the house to keep from scraping the siding. After we got it leaning in the direction of the truck's pull, I moved my truck and James repositioned the tractor and pushed it away from the house until it came down.
It was very close and did tear up the door, but didn't damage the house.
Here is a picture of James on the building after it was down. It took most of the day and we were tired. James was staying there for a few days to clean up the mess.
I had to get back last night to see G-man suit up for his first varsity game. He didn't play, but it was good experience. His team played a good 3A school from the Dallas area. It was a very close game right up to the last minute. His team won 33-27. Only one guy in the local paper had chosen them to win in the weekly predictions. On paper and by looking you would see why no one chose them. Their coach has a way of getting more out of his teams than is predictable. He wears #7 on the JV, and last night was wearing #17, even though the program had him as wearing #32. He's on the far left of this photo.

No comments:
Post a Comment