Monday, September 21, 2009

Gotta Get Back in Time

My sisters are in the new George Strait video, "Livin' for the Night (Live)." They attended his concert in Houston on August 8. You can watch the video here. They are on the front row and appear around 1:48 (I think). 

I remember that date well because it's my anniversary, and I was in trouble for not getting Sissy GS tickets. My cousin, Lauren, in Houston works for LiveNation and somehow she scored them. I guess I'll have to be nicer to her in the future. She meets all kinds of interesting people. 

On a similar subject, my other cousin in Houston, Clayton, played on a baseball team with the son of Dusty from ZZTop when he was growing up. And similarly, my Aunt Jane worked for a doctor, whose wife played a floozie (<- mom word) in the movie "Urban Cowboy." She was the girl hiding in the closet. 

One of my favorite movies of the 80's was "Back to the Future." I'm no Sci-Fi nut, but I love the concept of time travel. It would be great to travel back in time and meet your relatives in a different time and setting. However, it could have unintended consequences. My favorite Harry Potter movie is the one where they time travel and see themselves about to do something they shouldn't, but have to throw a rock and hide because "if you see your other self it will make you crazy." (I'm not a true HP fan, because I can't keep up with who is who). 


Recently I was in Albertsons and I saw a Dallas Cowboys Jersey #41 with my last name on the back. I had the funny thought that if I would have time traveled from 1979, thirty years forward to 2009, and seen that shirt in a grocery store, I would have assumed that my dream did come true to be the next Charlie Waters, #41 for the Dallas Cowboys. The electronic cash registers, cell phones, plastic bags, funny looking cars/clothes/hairstyles/tattoos, and a minority president in the news stand, all would have been too much for me.


2 comments:

  1. Another milestone occurred Sept. 18 when Clayton became engaged to Megan Jaeger in Austin..It was a great weekend..Both families were there and we are looking forward to a fun filled year..Looks like wedding bells will ring next September..Love reading your blog even when I don't comment..You are the best..Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention you will be seeing the Oakridge Boys up close and personal, Saturday!! El Fireup!

    ReplyDelete