As a kid I was always fascinated by this photo of my Flanary aunts, uncles and cousins. I think it was taken at my Grandparent South's house during a garage sale, but I'm not positive of the location. It looks like the inside of my grandparents' garage as I remember it. My Great Grandmother Flanary is the second from the left. My mom's Aunt Muriel is on the far right. She's the one fighting back laughter. They were all fun loving and this was supposed to be a gag photo. I remember my Grandmother telling me about the silliness of this picture many times I ran across it when looking through her photos.

There was a poem in our paper this weekend. It reminded me of the Flanarys. It was an "ancient Gaelic (Irish) Poem." I thought it was great and wanted to put it here.
May God bless those who love us,
And for those who don't love us,
May He turn their hearts,
And if their hearts won't turn,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
My mom's Grandmother Flanary was a poet. I am trying to locate some of her poems, so I can have them, and even put some of them here.
That is a great photo. It looks like it should be in a gallery somewhere. Y.
ReplyDelete