Sunday, September 20, 2009

If You Had Not Have Fallen, Then I Would Not Have Found You

Wednesday night my nephew celebrated his 10th birthday. Kelli had his party at a Mexican food restaurant downtown.


Thursday, G-man had a game in Dallas. He scored on a 60 yard run on the fifth play of the game. The other team turned right around drove down and kicked a 40 yard field goal. It looked like it might be close. But the other team had four turnovers in the first half and by half time it was 27-3. It wasn't close after half time. They won 48-10. Maddie's team played their cross-town rival in volleyball. At one point their team was down 12 to 0. They won both matches 25-23. In the final game Maddie made the final "kill" to put them away.

When I was about 10 years old my favorite cartoon was Speed Racer. After watching it, my friend and neighbor Vince and I would often get out in the road and race on our bikes. We lived on a dead end street so there were never any cars to contend with. Our street was about two city blocks long with no other intersections. I remember one day during "Bicycle Safety Week" Vince and I watched Speed Racer, ate a big bowl of chocolate ice cream and went out to play in the road. He was a year younger than me, so I gave him a good head start and we took off. I beat him by a good 20 yards, stomped on the rear brake, turned hard right, and went in to a power slide. About the time I came to a stop, Vince broadsided me. I got a blackeye and busted lip in the collision. Vince was similarly injured. I remember this because we had to go to school the next day and were the poster children for bicycle safety.

I looked for a photo I have somewhere of me and my cool bike to put on the blog. I couldn't find it, so I Googled "bicycle 1976." I liked this image of my favorite Charlie's Angel, so I decided to post it instead of the Schwinn Stingray I found. I never did a tribute to Farrah after she died, so I guess this is it. Kelli was our Bicentennial Baby and she's darn lucky her name isn't Farrah.

1 comment:

  1. Actually I was so sad when Farrah died..too bad she got overshawdowed by Michael Jackson..She was a Houston girl and we will miss her..I forgot you were a fan..May she rest in peace..Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete