
Hami came over last night after we got back home. G-Man is excited to get more photos on his game camera, and they were going to go set it up last night, but they chickened out. It would have been hard to find the path and the tree we had it on at night. We put new batteries in it and set it back up today in the same spot. We may move it and put out some corn. We may also set up a game call nearby and see if we can get some pictures of coyotes. Those Johnny Stewart varmint calls have sounds that are played in a loop over and over. In high school, my friend Johnny Bob had one that was called "dying rabbit." Another one was "chicken in distress." Warning: you start to hear voices after about 10 minutes of listening to these.
Mom sang in the church Christmas program today. They looked and sounded great. I liked all of the songs. I was glad they stuck with traditional and/or traditional sounding songs. One time I got a tape of a female soloist singing a contemporary song and used it as a varmint call.
I was just watching Hee-Haw on RFD-TV, my favorite station. Sissy told me she doesn't like the sound of the steel guitar. That's very unTexan. She says its depressing. She also doesn't like most of my old country music. She calls them dirt dauber diamonds. Dirt daubers make a high pitched sound when they are making their nests. (She sang an example Loretta Lynn song "you ain't woman enough to take my man.") She says RFD-TV is stuck in the 80s. That's probably why I think its awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment