Monday, December 28, 2009

Fa, A Long, Long Way To Run

When I was a kid I thought the trip to Mt. Pleasant took f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Dad would usually break up the long trip by a quick stop at Dairy Queen in Gilmer, about 45 minutes away, and half way there. He'd let us get a Coke and ice cream (or a Dilly Bar or Ice Cream Sandwich). Mom would always tell me when I complained that she and her sisters had a similar journey from MP to Cooper to visit her grandparents. She told me they would play a game to see who could be the first to spot the Cooper water tower. My sister and I would play "Beetle!" to pass the time.

Friday, Christmas Day, we made the marathon journey to MP to my Aunt Jana's for Christmas dinner number 3, and the G-man and Maddie opened presents from the cousins and aunts. Saturday we went back up to MP for dinner number 4 and had Brunch with Maw-Maw. It was great. We had eggs, ham, sausage and gravy with her famous rolls. I topped it off with an apple dumpling and Christmas was officially over.

When we were there Saturday, I got an old stove we had in our shop on Parkway. It was rusting in the barn. I cleaned it up and am preparing to put it in my barn. Here is a picture of Maddie with the flue. No, she's not sick. I told her it looked like she had the flue, and she thought it was corny.


Today G-man checked his game camera and had 56 pictures. They were mostly of deer. There were several photos taken about 20 minutes before he picked it up at 4:40pm.

This one was smiling for the camera.




1 comment:

  1. I know it is a lot of trouble..but I love the Christmas with you guys...Talk about Marathon...travel to see me in Houston and we will compare marathons....Luckily the plane makes it easier, but not always can we fly..So glad to see you all..Happy New Year...Love, Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete