Last week, I went to my mom's and scanned a few photos in with my new scanner. I am trying to get it figured out so I can go visit relatives and scan in photos they have of my family. My dad's family's house burned when he was in high school, so they don't have many old photos. Some of the aunts and cousins have some of my Great Grandfather, and Great Great Grandfather that I want to scan in and share. But all my aunts have some photos I'd like to have. I scanned this one from the 30's that is of my mom's dad. It wasn't until I got back home and was looking that I noticed the shadow of the girl in the foreground. I guess it was my grandmother, but you never know.
This time of the year I always think of the time in the summers I spent with my grandparents in Mt. Pleasant. The time was split between mom's and dad's families. I have very fond memories of both. Today, I was remembering how hot it was when I was there. Both of my grandfathers were very hard workers, and I spent time working with them when I was there. My dad's dad worked at a refinery and lived on a farm outside of town. Mom's dad lived in town and was an exterminator and had a fabric store downtown. I plan on having a few stories of my summers on the blog in upcoming posts.
Great pic of Daddy...wow what a young man..Wonder what year that was..Sorry to hear about your friend..It is so difficult to lose friends..we have lost a couple this year, also..Love your blog..keep up your good work..Love, Aunt Jane
ReplyDelete