We wound up going downtown to the start of the celebration I mentioned earlier. It was for the election and for 60 years of the German Republic. We took the train (S-bahn) downtown from Grunewald where we are staying, walked down to the Brandenburg Gate, down thru the Teirgarten. It was very crowded, I'm glad no one got lost, but we had a plan if they did.
We walked around for a few hours and ate what amounted to "Fair Food" for dinner. It was very tasty and consisted of crepes, sausages, pork sandwiches, and a noodle gulasch of some sort. We finally were able to find water like we like it (uncarbonated). The boys really did not eat that much. We are stocked up with lunch meat, bread, cheeses and other stuff here in the apartment. They have really furnished the apartment well. The photo below is of the boys eating the crepes.
After that we went back to the main station, took the train back home and we're here now around 10:00pm. We should be worn out for sleeping tonight. The photo below is of Maddie and Louisa.

wow, ya'll have done alot already. I bet you sleep good. Mom
ReplyDeleteYou should contact Mama and Papa's friends while you are there. They would be so excited!!
ReplyDeleteHey Kevin... it is Kerry. I am so glad you guys made it. Out of all times, we are having internet trouble. I am on now and read the blog and it looks like great fun. Looking forward to more great writing.
ReplyDeleteHOW EXCITITNG!!! It looks like you all are having a great time. Thanks for making this site, it makes us feel like we are not so far away. Take Care! Judy
ReplyDeleteSchone Erinnerungen!
ReplyDelete