Saturday, May 23, 2009

Here at last

We finally arrived in Berlin today around 11:30AM Saturday (here). The flights were great. I really like Luftansa. Its all you would expect from the Germans. They are very professional and things were a little ahead of schedule. We did not have any problems getting here. I was surprised none of us really slept much on the plane. No one got more than about an hour's sleep so were were very tired when we arrived.

After all the initial greetings, we/I had to take a power nap for about an hour. I just woke up. Its 4:40 Saturday evening (9:40 Saturday AM back home).



The boys have already had some sausage and a German meal. Tanta Nanna fixed a fine lunch for us followed by Rubbarb Pie and coffee.


They had their elections here in Germany today. There is going to be a big party downtown (near the Brandenburg Gate) this evening. We are probably going to avoid that area today, there are supposed to be 500,000 people there. We don't have big plans for the rest of the day today. Hopefully we will get adjusted to the new time in a few days.



Day 1- departure and arrival

1 comment:

  1. I saw all the pictures. They were good. Glad you are there safely. Tell everyone hello. Glad the flight went well. Mom (sis)

    ReplyDelete