I'm going to need a diet of worms after this trip; tape worms that is. We had another great meal in this Middle Age Village. The kids and I had schnitzel. We enjoyed the company of one another as well. Everyone was able to go, except Lina, who had a birthday party. I'm still amazed everyone is getting along as well as they are.
I had an epiphany today while in Wittenberg. My sister and I used to get up early EVERY Sunday morning to watch "Davy and Goliath" before we went to church, before we went to Lubys, and I had fish with tartar sauce, my favorite vegetable, macaroni and cheese, and a strawberry shortcake. Well, the first realization was when Almut asked me if I knew a song, written by a guy from this village, and she was attempting to translate it to English, until I realized she was humming "A Mighty Fortress is our God." The second realization was at the printing press when the printer rolled out an image of a flower with a cross in the middle of it, and said it was the seal for Martin Luther. Then I realized that my favorite claymation from the early 70's was Lutheran and the theme song was A Might Fortress, and all this would not be possible without Wittenberg where I was standing today. WOW! I wished my sister would have been with me...but wait, she got to have dinner with the Fonz.
When we got back home, it was raining. We went over to Almut's co-worker Suzanna, and her husband Deter's house for BBQ, various sausages, and good salads. Another couple, Peter and Christian were there was well. Peter is a girl. But that reminds me, Almut told me when she looked at the blog, in the area where I have the two time zones that there was an alternate lifestyle advertisement. I never saw that back in the states. I don't think there were ads when I was doing it at home. Just curious if you see them, and wondered about it. Almut did.
The kids cooked some kind of dough shell for sausages over an open flame. Sort of the "blanket," for pigs-in-a-blanket.
![]() |
| Wittenberg |


I was a little worried when I saw the title to this blog. As long as there were no firm feeling women involved. (haha). The pictures were great. I am glad Madison is learning some history! Love (mom) Y.
ReplyDeleteWow, I never knew that about Davey and Goliath. Wonder if Bill Kelly's children's hour was associated with the Lutheran, or Jot? Kelli and I already discussed that we wished we had gone on the trip and then decided that we would have starved because you haven't mentioned a Chick fil a in any of your posts.
ReplyDelete