Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Dream of Jeannie

This afternoon we spent some time cleaning the apartment and organizing clean from unclean clothes. Sweet little Maddie came to our apartment and washed and dried our breakfast dishes. She is staying downstairs in the apartment of Markus and Almut.

We went downstairs after that and had dinner with Markus and the kids. He fixed spaghetti and meat sauce. Maddie and Lina fixed mousse for dessert. Maddie fixed the chocolate and Lina the vanilla. It was all very good. We are really being taken care of by Sissy's family.

Tomorrow we are going to take a walk in the forest in the morning and go to Nanna's for lunch, followed by a trip downtown to the Wall Museum and a sightseeing tour with Martin. He is also a doctor in Berlin. (Thomas and Beno, Markus' other brothers are doctors also.)

We got the apartment in pretty good shape (for guys). We are trying to make it to the weekend before we have to do any washing of the clothes. So I wanted them to sort the clean ones from the dirty ones and get them all off the floor.  I feel like I should teach the boys something about being a room mate before they go off to college and find out what slobs they really are when their mothers are not around to prepare meals, put up the food, clean the dishes, etc. Its a rude awakening for any boy. I'll admit I've been married long enough now that I too am somewhat needing/having to relearn this lesson. The clothes do not magically go from the floor to the drawer in Germany, like they do in the US. Nor do the dishes, after we leave for the day, wind up clean in the cabinet when we return. This place IS really different.

3 comments:

  1. You mean the cleaning fairies don't come to your apartment? (haha). yes, I have been wondering what kind of room mate the boys will be in college. I'm glad Madison is helping you! Love (mom) sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahhh it's nice to be needed! Believe me I have noticed in the pictures Blake keeps wearing the same shirts.....I know I packed more clothes than that! Your doing great though, you need to be a tour guide. We feel like we are with you and the boys. My parents are really enjoying it! I need to ask Blake if he has had a chance to mail his Mimi a postcard? Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin...you are doing a great job. Be sure and tell the family thank you from us for taking such good care of ya'll. Tell Blake I said "hey". Kerry

    ReplyDelete